Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Top Reads of 2017

10. Nice story of found boyhood treasure.

9. Corky, inspired by a comment from Fuji, wrote about an experiment (burying some cards to see what would happen). It’s the equivalent of an oddball card. The result was a couple of creative posts that starts here and ends here.

8. Reading about breaking repacks is like eating junk food. Capewood’s break of 15 repacks is tasty junk food.

7. shoeboxlegend took a diversion with vinyl for an interesting Christmas post. 

6. Bob demonstrates that nostalgia is a helluva drug and it’s pretty good for those who weren’t even there.

5. Nick’s bookstore clerk experience had a synchronistic twist where he recommended a book to its author and shortly after getting a custom card depicting the book’s topic (Disco Demolition).

4. I’m glad Tom posted about this bat rack he made. I picked up some bats this year and this idea may come in handy.

3. We got to live vicariously with Fuji's win at the slots that led to landing a key card in his collection. 

2. We are more than our hobbies. This is highlighted by this meaningful post from Fuji that features nice artwork given to him by one of his students.

1. Night Owl shared one of his top collectible gift experiences. It's a great read. Now a Ron Cey lamp resides with a collector who appreciates it (as it should be). I think we can all relate.



For the rest of my favorites of 2017 jump over to my other blog 1975baseballcards.com.

2 comments:

  1. Love that lamp... and reading about it on NO's blog. But I love that painting my student gave me. Still can't believe she took the time to do that for me.

    ReplyDelete